Friday, August 7, 2009

Missing a place / One happy mama

Sometimes I'm confused as to why I miss a place so much. It's a place just like any other, in some ways. People live there. They wake up, like I do, every day. They do their shopping. Laundry. Go to work and cook their dinner, just like I do. But there is something about Paris that draws me in, like millions of other people.

A select few are very lucky to have figured out how to be there on a permanent basis and do for a living what I only dream of doing; live, eat, and learn about the mythical Paris only to write about those experiences... and get paid for it!

Someday.



I had, as Oprah would call it, an "Ah Hah" moment this week. If hurt feelings or any kind of familial unease are a byproduct of my parenting decisions, then so be it. I must follow my gut where my daughter is concerned. I absolutely must remember that I am the mommy... "Oh my God! I'm the mommy!!" (to quote Mad About You)

Fâmega anyone?


On a side note; I had been planning on going to see the movie Julie & Julia during its opening weekend for about a month now. I expected to go on my own, just to see a flick that I was excited about. But it turned out to be 'Friday night with the girls on opening night of a flick I was excited about'. Tickets were pre-purchased and plans were made, but plans fell through. Mom was sick and she couldn't watch the baby. Oh well.

I'll tell you though, I would rather have no other company than that of my beautiful daughter on any night of the week. She is absolutely the most beautiful creature on the face of this earth. There is no better way to spend a Friday night than with her. The movie will be there for years to come. These precious moments of my baby's life will never happen again. I will be pleased, thankful, honored and proud to say that I was with her for them.

No comments: