Saturday, August 1, 2009

Pulling it together

I've sent an e-mail to Meg Zimbeck, one of the food and travel writers that I have been following. I saw on her web site that she guides tours! How cool is that?! I am hoping that I can start up a relationship either with her or someone that she may suggest to be my 'on the ground' person in Paris with whom I can work to create great culinary tours.

Here's hoping.

I was also thinking that because she works for Budget Travel that I can approach them for sponsorship. Why not, right? All they can say is no, and if they do I will ask them what they are looking for so that I can make my site and services more appealing to advertisers.

Before I forget, I need to remember to contact Greg Hancock about advertising, both hints as to what I should do to attract advertisers and how much it would be to advertise in Parade and/or get FMT in the mind(s) of their editors in hopes to get some free PR.

Also, Angela Shin's PR firm. Speak to them about promoting FMT.

Aden Ryan about web development.

Shawguides.com as a 'how not to look' page. Sorry Shaw Guides...

This is becoming a brain dump and needs to go in my work files.

The thing I am beginning to realize is that I have no follow through. This, I think, is my only major hurdle that I need to overcome. I have everything else in place, except money, but that'll come. I have a great idea and tons of experience to support it. There is no reason that I can't do my first tour in the fall of 2010, or even in April of 2010.

Absolutely no reason.

No comments: