Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Catching my breath

I need to slow down and breathe. This movie, Julie and Julia, is inspiring me. I want to be in Paris, and I want to change my life, professionally that is, like Julie Powell did. I have a great tour idea, now I just need to get off my butt and do it. I need to stop listening to my dad, bless him, who keeps telling me that I won't be able to get a business loan because of my credit. Who ever said I have bad credit? I need to apply for a loan and have them tell me I have bad credit.

Things to do:
- Free credit report.com. If there's an issue, fix it.
- Write a business plan
- go to the SBA or my bank, hell, it seems that Chase wants to own the world, why not part of my business for a while, huh?
- Set a date for the first trip that may be a 'friends and family' kind of trip just to get any kinks out. Discounted rates just to cover costs for their input and advice.
- Secure contractors on the ground in Paris.


AWESOME!!! I just checked my credit score and it is EXCELLENT!! 733.

OK, now to write my business plan. That won't be as quick a process as checking my credit score, but I'll get it done. I'll set a date. Tuesday, July 28th.

This is encouraging. I need to be my own cheerleader. No one in my family really gets what I'm trying to do and that it is a viable business idea, even in this economy. If anything, this is the best time to do it.

OK, I'm off to research a template for a business plan.

No comments: