Friday, July 10, 2009

Uugh!!

Fair warning, this in a brain dump.

I started to cry while watching a commercial advertising the release of the movie Julie and Julia, based on the book by the same name. There was a line in it that said something to the effect of, "I have thoughts too" referring to the main character's wanting to do SOMETHING with her life. She had the idea of cooking every recipe in Julia child's cook book and blogging about it. She did it and wrote a book out of the experience. (Great book) Both she and Julia Child did something 'crazy' and made something of it. They also had the support of their loving husbands to get them through it.

I want to say, "I have thoughts too" I want to do something crazy and have it turn out great. I also want the support and encouragement from my loved ones. More often than not I feel like they think my ideas are too crazy, but if I just had one person say, "Do it!" and mean it and help me realize my idea(s), I know I could be successful.

I want to do it for myself. I want to do it for Lorelei. I can't wait tables for ever. I don't want to. I need to find a way to make our living that's NOT behind a desk. Oy!