Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Dry July

I have decided to have a Dry July. Although I fudged a bit when Reema came over, and really fudged this last Saturday, I am back on the program.

What are the reasons behind this? It's getting to be time that I can no longer blame my baby for my weight. If I have it now, it's mine, not hers. Drinking is expensive. Even my bargain bottles, 1.5 liter bottles and dare I say box wines were adding up. I can't live in the red just for a nicely-chilled white. I am also doing it for my daughter. Taking care of myself has never been more important. Being an older mom, I want to be sure that I am alive and kicking to see my grand-babies. And, well, when one is never enough, it's time to call it quits.

So, here's to ya on this Bastille day. Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité... Sanité.

1 comment:

elisiasolomon said...

Kelly, I feel the same way!!! I feel like I can NO longer blame my weight as baby weight anymore either. I still have 15 lbs. to lose!! And so I've been walking lots and doing Atkins but I still haven't given up the wine!! I NEED to!! Thank you for giving me the encouragement to do so!!! Hope you are well!! Loving your blog!!! XOXO. :-)