Monday, July 27, 2009

Today

This is a good day. It's a hot summer day in Seattle. The breeze is blowing. The markets are brimming over with summer berries and tomatoes, and I just signed my child support agreement. Lorelei and I are celebrating with tartines de jambon et brie, salade de tomates et basilique, and lemon-marinated olives. Ok, ok, Lorelei had bananas with pears and mangoes with a side of champagne grapes, but that seems pretty celebratory to me, huh?!

I am also having a great little effervescent wine, Fâmega, 'White Vinho Verde' (as opposed to a verde vino verde, ???) from Portugal. Yum!! It is perfect for a day like today. Run, don't walk to The Ballard Market, or wherever you think you can find it. It is PERFECT for a hot day like today.

I will be truly relieved when (and if) I receive the first child support check, but until then, I see this as a great step forward for my baby and me.

Anyhoo, I've had one too many glasses of Fâmega and I'm having a hard time concentrating. Off to grab a glass of water or three and make some dinner for my beautiful baby girl. My special, special gift from God.

No comments: