Friday, July 17, 2009

Serendipidy

The John Cusac flick Serendipity was on today. In keeping with the theme of the movie, I can't help but look at Julie & Julia is serendipitous for me. I needed a sign, something to reignite my passion for what I want to do with my career. It has been a year since I really spent time thinking about it and the time has come again.

As I write this, one of my favorite movies is starting, The Witches of Eastwick. I especially relate this movie right now because my body has become one of Cher's "Boobie Dolls". It's funny, topo, that it's cherry season. If you've seen the movie, you'd get that.

Now that I think about it, it's interesting that this movie has come on. These strong, talented (fertile) women manifest what they are looking for. In this case it's a man, but really it's a well thought out ideal that inspires them to find themselves, to find their strengths and passions. In the end, it's not about the man, it's about how they come together to support one another, to live their lives to their fullest, to live fearlessly and to face those fears.

Speaking of living your life to the fullest, I am making baby-step progress with my business plan. I have printed out the template. That isn't a lot, but I've got the babes in tow, so paying attention to it is an effort.

Speaking of the babes, it's time to play.

No comments: